Thursday, March 14, 2013

Stampin' Up Pop Up Posies Flower Tutorial - too cute!

Please note that this post is directly from the Stampin' Up blog:

Article was written (and flowers were designed) by Stampin' Up Concept Artist Melody H.



Spring is in the air—and to me that means bright happy colors and flowers! I love to make paper flowers. Depending on the type of flower I want to make and the tools I use, it can be an involved process and take a lot of time. Creating paper flowers with the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit is easy, though, because the flowers come pre-cut and ready to go.

The first step is to take six flowers and curl the end of each petal with a Bone Folder.


Next, with the petals curling down, pinch the flower between your fingers so that it’s puckered in the center.


Expand the flower and add a small dab of hot glue to the center.


Then pinch it together again until the glue has dried.


Repeat the process for all six flowers. Once you have them all pinched and glued in the center, take a length of floral wire and glue one flower to the end.


Add one flower at a time to create a pouf.




Once all of the flowers are attached, add a bit of glitz by spritzing with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.

I wrapped a bit of Calypso Coral Baker’s Twine around my vase to dress it up a little and then decided I needed a bunny to really make it feel like springtime and Easter. The Ears To You stamp (in Single Stamps: Assortment 3) is adorable! And by adding one of the fabric brads from the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit for his little cottontail and dressing him up in a bowtie, I just love him even more.


Here’s a quick shot of how I used the clover from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to make a bowtie.


I hope you’re finding ways to welcome springtime into your home with some fun, handmade décor!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment