Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stampin' Up Co-Founder, Shelli Gardner's, new Adventure!

The Brick Canvas at Thanksgiving Point is Shelli's new venture and WOW does it sound great! I am really jealous of you who live in Utah and can take advantage of this wonderful facility!  



The facility is scheduled to open on October 1, 2012 and it offers Bikram Yoga, a full service Spa, a hair salon (yes, the folks who currently cut Shelli's hair!), personal training & nutrition counseling, and a light eats cafe.   You can read what Shelli wrote about Brick Canvas here on her blog: http://soshelli.com/so-shelli-blog/2012/9/8/another-dream-come-true.html

I wish I could go and get some help! Since my husband passed away a few months ago, my thoughts have been everywhere and one area has been my well being. I've been thinking that I really want to start going to Bikram Yoga; my niece and nephew just love it!   I feel like I'm a stranger in my own life and don't know where to start to "find" myself.  For the past 16+ years, my plans included my husband and now who am I and what do I want.  I don't have any answers yet.

So thanks for bearing with me and I should be back to stamping next week.  If you've kept up with my blog, you'll remember that I talked about needing to finish my husband's last project and I should be able to this week.  Then time to find a paying job; I've been taking care of my mother for the past 6 years since she became paralyzed and I need a full-time income now.  We've been looking to find someone to help with her, so I could go to work.  It feels like I'm abandoing my child!  Take care and "see" you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Sending hugs your way. I know what you mean about having to find yourself: my husband and I divorced after 29 years of marriage, and I found myself thinking many times that I didn't know what I liked, just what he liked. Time helped enormously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, So sorry for your loss. Time is on your side now. I will keep you in my prayers, that the Lord lift you up, guide your feet and Bless you with the same love you have shown your family and Mother. It is best for Mom to go where she will get all she needs for her care. God is the lifter of your head!
    Cheryl McAskill
    c.mcaskill@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete