Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easter Bunny Basket made with Stampin Up Punches & Dies



Below are most of the items I used to make this project.  I saw this adorable basket on our SU Demonstrator website and had to make one of my own! The little basket idea came from SU's Regional in January and how great an idea to add a bunny to it; thanks fellow demonstrator Dawn Griffin for that!  I used Whisper White and Blushing Bride cardstock, with Basic Black cardstock for the eyes. 

The most important trick to making this look really cute is the sponging!  I sponged Blushing Bride ink on everything; the ears, face, cheeks, nose, and mouth.  The other trick is to put the cheeks on the face using Stampin Dimensionals (foam dots) to give them lift; attach the mouth to the back of the cheeks so it doesn't sit flat on the heart face.  I used the 3/4" circle punch for the eyes and nose, the 1 3/8" circle punch for the cheeks, and the 1/2" punch for the mouth.  Below you can see that I used the Blossoms Petal punch (item #121808) for the ears, the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch (item #119275) for the handle, the Scallop Square Bigs Clear die (item #115950) for the basket, and the Heart Framelits dies (item #125599) for the bunny face; I used the 3rd framelit counting from the largest to the smallest.  


For the basket, I scored the Scallop Square using the scallops as a guIde.  You can see in the photo above that I scored at 2 scallops from both ends on the horizontal side and at 3 scallops from both ends on the vertical, then cut slits up to the score line as shown.  I used Sticky Strip to put the basket together and attached the handle using Mini Silver Brads (item #122941); the handle is 8" long.   The final touch is a cute bow made with Pink Pirouette 3/8" taffeta ribbon (item #122981).  I filled the basket with jelly beans I put in a Small Cello Baggie (item #103104 - 3"x5").

Well, I hope you like my version and don't forget that today is the LAST day to order and get SALE-A-BRATION FREEBIES!  Let me know if you need more info.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment: