Monday, December 19, 2011

Snow Much Fun Gift Certificate Holder


I had 1 hour to make this Gift Certificate Holder for my sister; power stamping time!  The name of the recipient was whited out in the above photo; explaining the strange white spot.  And yes, I do offer Gift Certificates and am happy to make you a festive and fun holder for Christmas, a Birthday, Mother's Day, or any occasion!

The size of the Gift Certificate is 8" x 3 1/4", so I used a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that measured 8 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 2 1/2" and 6".  Then I made a border using the Ribbon Border punch and Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  It was attached using SNAIL adhesive and the opening on the flap for the Gift Certificate was made using the Wide Oval Punch.  I used Sticky Strip to adhere the edges of the certificate flap.  Finally, I stamped the snowball on the front flap using Crumb Cake ink.

For the Snowman (Snow Much Fun stamp set), I stamped the image using Stazon Black Ink onto Shimmery White cardstock that was die cut using the 3" circle die and backed it with a Cherry Cobbler cardstock scallop circle I die cut using the Scallops Circles #2 die. 

I got the inspiration for this card from fellow Demonstrator, Diana Gibbs; she is a fantastic artist; thanks Diana!  I colored the snowman using Rose Red, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Basic Black, and Pumpkin Pie Markers.  Then I used 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds on some parts of the image to give it some BLING!

I hope you like the holder and feel free to contact me at stampingmaria@yahoo.com if you'd like to purchase a Gift Certificate!  Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment