Friday, September 30, 2011

Spice Cake DSP Gift Card Set



Good morning everyone!  First, I would like to thank Julie, DawnKathleen, Kadie, Bit's Grandma, Rachel, and Donna for taking the time to leave me a comment; I can't thank you all enough for the encouragement and nice words!!  The comments I got gave me the impression that what I've been making and showing is in line with what people want to see, I'll be more careful to include measurements.  In fact, below are the templates with measurements to make the above Card Gift box (holds full sized cards).

Box Body:

The box body is made from a full sheet of cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 11".  You score on the vertical side at 1 1/4" and 7 1/4" then you turn the cardstock and score on the horizontal side at 4 7/8" and 6 1/8".  This gives you a box that is 6" wide by 4 7/8" tall by 1 1/4" deep.  The design for this box came from fellow demonstrator, France Martin; she was kind enough to share her idea; thank you France!  I changed the measurements and colors, but I decorated the box just like she did because it was so beautiful; I love this Spice Cake DSP!

Box Flap:

The box flap (top closure) is made from a piece of cardstock measuring 6" x 5 3/8"; you score on the vertical side at 2" and 3 3/8".  Yes, all this scoring is made easy with the NEW SIMPLY SCORED TOOL!  Once the flap is scored, you attach it to the box using Sticky Strip then apply a velcro disk under the rosette as a box closure.

The paper rosette or lollie was made using a piece of DSP measuring 1 1/4" x 12" and scored at every 1/4" interval.  I glued the rosette together using Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive; I didn't need to use a hot glue gun.  If you keep your rosettes tight after you accordian fold them; they are easy to handle.  One of my customer's teenage daughter made this rosette and had it glued together in no time!  I made the flower center from cardstock and the new In Color brads.  The cards in this set are simple and quick and make a GREAT gift!

Supplies:
Stamps: Perfect Punches
Inks: Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, More Mustard, and Spice Cake Deigner Paper.
Accessories: Big Shot machine, Fun Flowers Die, Polka Dot embossing folder, Lattice embossing folder, large oval punch, modern label punch, scallop oval punch, several circle punches, Lace Ribbon border punch, anitque brads, In Color brads, paper piercer, mat pack, Sticky Strip, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimenstionals, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, vanilla seam binding ribbon, Simply Scored tool, and SNAIL.

Thanks for visiting and you can order any of the products for this project by going to http://www.stampinup.com/, click on Store, and create an Online Account with Stampin Up.  When you create your Online Account, be sure to select me as your demonstrator to get the preferred pricing.  Also, if you already have an Online Account, you can update it and include me as your demonstrator.  Contact me if you have any questions and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Maria...love the box! The colors are awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete