Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spooky Treat Box

Hi all! A fellow demonstrator showed how to make this box at the Phoenix, AZ Stampin Up Regional I attended in January. I'm sorry I don't remember who it was, but I love the box because it closes flat so you can mail it! The box that was demonstrated was smaller, so my sideline, Eva Davalos, came up with the measurements for a box that would be 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" so it could hold 3x3 cards or candy.

This is the top of the box; I used the Wicked Cool Stamp Set and the Wicked Fun Designer Series Paper. I don't know if you can see it, but to get the "bling", I added Dazzling Diamonds to the main image after I punched it out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. To make the box closure, I punched out a 3/4" circle and attached it to the box using a silver brad. Finally, after distressing the top layers, I added 1/8" Olive Taffeta Ribbon to the top of the box and the hat.


This is the inside of the box; like I said, it's great for holding 3x3 cards or yummy candy!

These are the templates for the inside box portion and the outside box wrap. You can click on the image to enlarge it so you can see the measurements.
These pictures show where you'll need to attach Sticky Strip to the inside box before adhering it to the box wrap. The first picture is the back (or bottom) of the box and the second picture is the inside (or top) of the box where you'll be putting candy. You can see that on the back of the box, only the bottom and 2 flaps get adhesive.
Thanks for looking and email me if you have any questions!

This picture shows what the inside of the box looks like once it's adhered to the box wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment